Sheikh Dr. Abdulsattar AbughuddahHead of Shari'ah Board & Board of Director
- Holder of a Bachelors in Shari’ah from Damascus University (1964), a Bachelors of Law from Damascus University (1965), a Masters in Shari’ah from Al-Azhar University (1966), a Masters in Al-Hadith Sciences from Al-Azhar University (1967), and a Doctorate in Comparative Jurisprudence from Al-Azhar (1975).
- President and General Secretary of the Unified Shari’ah Board of Al-Baraka Banking Group, an expert and a former reporter of the Jurisprudence Encyclopedia at the Kuwaiti Ministry of Awqaf & Islamic affairs, and a visiting professor at Saleh Kamel’s Center for Islamic Economic Studies, Al-Azhar University.
- A member of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy in Jeddah, the Zakat International Shari’ah Board, the Accounting Standards Council and the Shari’ah Council of the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic financial institutions. (AAOIFI)
- Sheikh Dr. Abu Ghuddah is an author and examiner of several books, in addition to being a trainer and instructor for training portfolios of several courses specialized in Islamic banking.
- Vice-President of the Shari’ah Board of Dubai Financial Market (DFM), an executive member of the Shari’ah Board of the Central Bank of Syria, a member of the Shari’ah Committee of the Central Bank of Bahrain, Vice-President of the Shari’ah Board of the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, a member of the Shari’ah Board of Sharjah Islamic Bank, Chairman of the Shari’ah Board of Abu Dhabi National Takaful Co., a member of the Shari’ah Board of Takaful Re Limited in (DIFC), Head of National Bonds Shari’ah Board , in addition to being a Head or a member of many other Shari’ah Boards.