Sheikh Dr. Nazih HammadHead of Shari'ah Board
- Holder of Bachelors in Shari’ah from Damascus University (1967), a Master from Baghdad University, Iraq (1970), and a Doctorate with the 1st honor from Dar al-Ulum Faculty of Cairo University, Egypt (1973), with the specialization in “Contracts and Financial Transactions in Comparative Islamic Jurisprudence”. His thesis was: “The Provisions of Possession in Contracts in Islamic Jurisprudence”.
- Retired professor of Islamic Jurisprudence & its fundamentals from Faculty of Shariah, Umm al-Qura University, Mecca (1973 – 1990).
- Author of more than 25 books, more than 50 research papers, and has supervised more than 25 master’s and doctoral thesis in Islamic Jurisprudence and its fundamentals, and Islamic economics.
- Permanent member of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Jeddah, a designated member of the Islamic Fiqh Council of the Muslim World League in Mecca, and a keynote speaker at the seminars of Future of Business Islamic Bank organized annually by the National Commercial Bank of Saudi Arabia in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Head of Shari’ah Board of Citi Islamic Investment Bank in Bahrain, the Islamic Investment Fund Limited of Credit Suisse in Guernsey, Channel Islands & Minhaj Advisory in Dubai.
- Member of Shari’ah Board in many institutions such as FWU Takaful GmbH in Dubai, Ratings Intelligence in United Kingdom, Citi Islamic Global Equity Fund in Luxembourg, the Islamic Fund “Oasis” in United Kingdom, Al Fanar Fund Group (Permal Investment Management Ltd) in United Kingdom, and Islamic Leasing Fund (Australia & New Zealand Bank) in United Kingdom.