- March 13, 2018
- Posted by: minhajadminpanel
- Category: News and Achivements
On Tuesday, 12 December 2017, attended by some 200 Islamic bankers and financiers from around the world. A total of nearly 9,000 votes were cast across 37 voted-for categories in the online poll held on www.cpifinancial.net.
The top Award, for Best Islamic Bank, once again went to Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), based on analysis of the bank’s audited financial statements as published in the annual Islamic Business & Finance supplement Leaders in Islamic Finance, which was released in conjunction with the Awards. The supplement details exemplary performance across all categories, including the greatest change in assets across all banks in the industry.
DIB’s GCEO, Dr. Adnan Chilwan, was named Islamic Banker of the Year. In a challenging economic climate, Dr. Chilwan has once again made moves that set a path for both Dubai Islamic Bank and the industry. Its Sukuk issuance, strong performance and global expansion across multiple continents, including Indonesia and Kenya, were key parts of its success. When many institutions are facing difficulties, Dubai Islamic Bank has managed to have its standalone and long-term ratings upgraded in 2017. The bank is now squarely in the ‘billion dollar profit club’, placing it among the top four institutions in the UAE.
Adnan Ahmed Yousif, President and Chief Executive, Al Baraka Banking Group, was honoured for his Outstanding Contribution to CSR in Islamic Banking. Speaking to the global reach of Islamic finance, Al Baraka operates in 15 countries, with a strong presence in Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Sudan, Bahrain, Pakistan, South Africa, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, including two representative offices in Indonesia and Libya. Yousif has maintained a strong commitment to those communities in each of those markets.
The Islamic Business & Finance Awards programme, supported by the Dubai International Financial Centre, once again honoured winners from the Middle East and Africa. It is designed to highlight, encourage and reward the exceptional performance and growth of the international Islamic business and finance community.
“In our 12th year, these Awards honour the very best of the Islamic finance industry across the Middle East and Africa. In trying times, these institutions have shown resilience, a commitment to innovation and a strong ethical backbone. Our winners once again represent the very best in Islamic finance, and each should feel proud of their accomplishments. We are excited to see what these institutions accomplish in the coming year,” said Tony Long, Chief Executive Officer of CPI Financial, publisher of Islamic Business & Finance magazine.
A full list of the Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2017 winners follows:
- Islamic Banker of the Year – Dr. Adnan Chilwan, GCEO, Dubai Islamic Bank
- Outstanding Contribution to CSR in Islamic Banking – Adnan Ahmed Yousif, President and Chief Executive, Al Baraka Banking Group
- Best Customer Happiness – aafaq Islamic Finance
- Best Islamic Finance Company – aafaq Islamic Finance
- Best Islamic Retail Bank (Egypt) – ADIB Egypt
- Best Islamic SME Bank (Egypt) – ADIB Egypt
- Best Islamic Bank (Kuwait) – Ahli United Bank – Kuwait
- Best Islamic Bank (Lebanon) – Al Baraka Bank Lebanon
- Best CSR in Islamic Banking (Syria) – Al Baraka Bank Syria
- Best Islamic Bank (Syria) – Al Baraka Bank Syria
- Best Islamic Bank (Turkey) – Al Baraka Turk Participation Bank
- Best CSR in Islamic Banking (UAE) – Al Hilal Bank
- Best Savings Product (Oman) – alizz islamic bank (Bushra Savings Account)
- Best Social Responsibility Programme (KSA) – Bank AlJazira
- Best Islamic Investment Fund -Alkhabeer Capital
- Best Islamic Home Finance – Amlak Finance
- Best Islamic Bank – Dubai Islamic Bank
- Best Islamic Corporate Bank – Dubai Islamic Bank
- Best Islamic Retail Bank – Dubai Islamic Bank
- Best Sukuk Arranger – Dubai Islamic Bank
- Best Islamic Fintech Company – Eiger Trading Advisors
- Best ReTakaful Operator – EmiratesRE
- Best Real Estate Finance Company – Emirates REIT
- Best Islamic Bank (Africa) – Faisal Islamic Bank (Sudan)
- Best Investment Bank – GFH Financial Group
- Best Development Bank – Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector
- Best Islamic Trade Finance – International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation
- Best CSR in Islamic Banking (Kuwait) – Kuwait International Bank
- Best Islamic Banking Solutions and Products – Mashreq Al Islami
- Best Islamic Window (Oman) – Meethaq (Bank Muscat)
- Best Training Institute – Minhaj Advisory
- Best Wealth Management Service (UAE) – National Bonds
- Best Islamic Window (UAE) – NBF Islamic
- Best Digital Bank (GCC) – The National Commercial Bank
- Best Takaful Operator (KSA) – SABB Takaful
- Best Islamic Bank (Jordan) – Safwa Islamic Bank
- Best Digital Bank (UAE) – Standard Chartered Saadiq
- Best Takaful Operator (Africa) – Takaful Insurance of Africa
- Best Corporate Advisory – Warba Bank